iComply Participates in the United Nations Blockchain for Impact Summit #BFI2018
Unger’s group argued that ID subjects must have a say in any decision related to an identity protocol (consensus) and the need for a “Data Subject Bill of Rights” or “Digital Identity Charter” that includes the following:
- Right to Create: everyone must have the right to create a digital identity they own and have control over.
- Right to Delegate Access: everyone must have the right to choose who has access to their identity and personal information, and the right to revoke that access.
- Right to Recover: everyone must have the right to recover what data is stored about them and the ability to recover or reset lost or stolen private keys.
- Right to Audit: Everyone must have the right to see all data about themselves that is stored as well as who has historically and currently had access to their data and for what purpose.
- Right to be Forgotten: Every individual must have the ability to completely erase their personal data from a digital identity system.
- No Backdoors: personal data must be completely secure with no third party given access to overwrite data or access credentials.
- No Honeypots: personal data about individuals must not be commingled with the personal data of others.
iComply was pleased to participate in this event and looks forward to future engagement with the United Nations Blockchain Working Group.
Looking for financial grade KYC and AML in an enterprise ready API?
iComply offers global screening for humans, corporations, and blockchain transactions in a single REST API.
Book a demo with one of our specialists to learn more.
About iComply Investor Services Inc.
iComply Investor Services Inc. (“iComply”) is a global compliance software provider that helps businesses reduce the cost and complexity of user authentication KYC and AML operations while providing a seamless experience to their users. iComplyKYC allows operations teams to centrally control how each KYC portal will securely gather, validate, and encrypt client data and documentation before it leaves their device. By partnering with multinational technology vendors such as Microsoft, DocuSign, Thomson Reuters, and Refinitiv, iComply is bringing compliance teams into the digital age. Learn more: www.icomplyis.com
iComply Outlines Vision of a Trusted Digital Ecosystem in Newly Released White Paper
iComply’s white paper, “The Importance of Digital Identity in the Modern World,” delves into the challenges of our current digital identity landscape, presents an optimistic vision for the future, and outlines our mission to create a trusted, secure digital ecosystem. This document is a must-read for anyone invested in shaping a future where every transaction is secure, private, and compliant.
Travel Rule Facts: What to Know About FATF’s Recommendation 16
Are you aware of the key details pertaining to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)’s Travel Rule? As a relative newcomer into the global securities and digital legislation field, the Travel Rule—also referred to as “FATF Recommendation 16”—has garnered significant...
EDD In Review: Taking A Brief Look at Enhanced Due Diligence
Are your Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) protocols up to the task of mitigating risk in an increasingly digital world? With Interpol’s new Global Crime Trend report strongly indicating that money laundering, phishing, and online scams pose a significant risk to...