April 2021 Regulatory Updates
Regulatory Actions and Updates from Around the Globe
Enforcement Highlights – April 2021
- The SEC awarded over USD $3 million to two whistleblowers who brought to light key issues and violations to help improve SEC’s ongoing compliance efforts.
- SEC filed charges against 8 companies for failing to disclose complete reporting information on required Form 12b-25 filings.
- The SEC charged fund manager and former race car team owner Andrew T. Franzone with multimillion-dollar investment fraud and misappropriation scheme.
- The SEC filed charges against Spot Tech House Ltd., a binary options trading platform, and two of its top executives with defrauding investors out of more than USD $100 million through unregistered online sales.
- The SEC charged seven individuals with defrauding investors out of more than USD $16 million through an oil-and-gas market manipulation scheme.
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) commenced criminal proceedings against 2 individuals for conducting unauthorized regulated business activities in the UK.
- The FCA banned and fined UK financial adviser Simon Varley £68,300 for providing unqualified, dishonest financial advice to retail customers.
- The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) fined Optimas Capital Limited $1.05 million over multiple failures with their short position reporting processes.
- The Market Misconduct Tribunal (MMT) sanctioned two former executives of Asia Telemedia Limited (ATML), now known as Yunfeng Financial Group Limited, for insider dealing.
Is your AML compliance too expensive, time-consuming, or ineffective?
iComply enables financial services providers to reduce costs, risk, and complexity and improve staff capacity, effectiveness, and customer experience.
Request a demo today.
Regulatory actions and industry updates from financial authorities and regulators around the globe in Q3 2022
Are your KYC protocols set up to protect your customers and your digital assets? With the digital world constantly evolving and new assets entering the market, ensuring that your due diligence and identity verification platforms are up to current regulations is...
Do you have the right processes and protocols in place to protect against fraud, money laundering, and the many other risks that come with operating in today’s market? Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence, otherwise known as KYC and CDD, play a major role in...